What is Unite’s construction charter?
Unite’s construction charter
- Sets the highest possible standards on construction projects funded by public money.
- Promotes direct and secure employment and seeks to end exploitative working practises including zero hours contracts and umbrella and pay roll companies ripping off workers.
- Promotes quality apprenticeships and opportunities for local workers.
- Guarantees the highest possible health and safety standards including quality welfare facilities.
- Encourages and supports trade union members and activists on all public projects ensuring the rights of workers to play a role in their union is respected.
UNITE’S CONSTRUCTION CHARTER
and the implementation of the appropriate nationally agreed terms and conditions of employment.The following shall be a requirement for all contractors and their supply chains engaged by this Authority : –